Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Whiskers Wednesday -Casper ponders, What’s in a name?

      that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet .
 Our mom is a name-caller. Not bad names. Well, I have heard stories of the names she calls people who do something like tailgate her car, or drive slow until she starts to go around them and then put their foot in it-whatever that all means. At those times we understand she has uttered some names that would make the tiny hairs in our ears curl.

No, I'm not talking about those kind of names. I'm talking about all those cutesy-wutesy, lovey-dovey, ooey-gooey names she has for Angel and me.

Some we may only hear once in awhile. But, there are some recurring ones that we get every single solitary day. We both get the usual Sweetie, Baby, My Lovelies, Pumpkin, Punkapoodle (we don't know either), My Kids, Baby Loves--you get the picture.

But, then there are some that are exclusively mine, such as:
Casper (of course, since that really is my name), Cat Spur, Cass Balou, Casper Bonito, Cassie (she even used that one in front of the cable repair guy once, when I was offering him a chance to pet me, "Get out the man's way, Cassie." How humiliating. To begin with, I'm pretty sure he was there to pet and coo over me and my lovely floof. On top of that, what a sissy name to call an obviously hunky mancat! I did have to snub her awhile for that). Then there's Sushagoodboy, Capalou and Capaloonylou.
Here are a few that Angel gets:
Angel (of course), Baby Girl, Sushagoodgirl, Sushaprettygirl (I see a pattern), Maya Angelou, Prettybabygirl, Angelina, Angelpooh.

The lists could go on and on - and on. Now I'm not really complaining. Sometimes our mom just can't help what comes out of her mouth when she's under the spell of her beloved kitty-witty-witties (another one we hear a lot), and in private we even kind of like it - a little. But, for goodness sakes it's a tad embarrassing when she does it in front of others.

But, we've heard a couple of her names, too. Her sister, our Aunt Barb has been know to call her The Crazy Cat Lady. Her son, our big human brother calls her Mom (of course, since that is her name) and sometimes, Weirdo. Now those are some sweet terms of endearment if you ask me.

We love you, too, Mamaloonalouie!! Yep, you still smell as sweet.
=^..^= 
Purrs and hugs,
from Casper (The Alpha Mancat)

9 comments:

  1. Mamaloonalouie! Ha - made me laugh this morning! Way cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is so cute, we have ours too, but we ain't telling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My comments are sticking today. I'll try again.

    Casper's point of view is so fun to read. Keep writing and entertaining me, please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to say "comments aren't sticking..." but never mind, because they're sticking good now. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really think I called your mom the "Cat Lady", not the "Crazy" Cat Lady. Love, Aunt Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks you all for your comments! You made my day!!

    Barb, I'm pretty sure Casper had it right... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. In front of the Cable Guy! Outrageous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, who am I to argue with Casper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried to comment on your "Another Walking Story" post but when I click on comments, nothing happens.

    I enjoyed your post and hope you find this comment so you don't think I'm not reading your blog.

    I hope things straighten out soon so I can comment easily as before.

    ReplyDelete