Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Whiskers Wednesday - Angel's Anticipation

A few weeks ago our handsome friend Brian and his beautiful sisters received a big brown box from the package human. Inside the box was a most pawsome cat tree. Even Sascha, who isn’t usually very adventurous played with it, and napped in the big roundy perch at the top of the tree. We were very happy and excited for them.
So a week after that, when the package human came to our house, imagine my excitement. A cat tree for me and Casper!! Yay! Casper said not to get too crazy because it might be something else. I thought-- he’s old, what does he know?
When Mom came home, she brought the big box in the house and then proceeded to take it into my bedroom...and then...she just left it sitting there! I couldn’t believe it. Can you believe it took her three weeks to open that box?!
Last Sunday she opened it. Finally! I couldn’t wait to climb that cat tree! She started taking stuff out of the box. Not only was it not a cat tree – IT WAS ANOTHER MONSTER VAC!!! What the Hello Kitty!?!
This monster vac isn’t as loud as the other one, but it spits out hot water and then sucks it back up. Gross! Now, why would anyone want such a screwy thing as that - especially when they could have a cat tree?
Now Mom, I know you must be feeling really bad about the trauma this has caused. But, you know -- you could make it up to us.
Cat Tree! Cat Tree! We want a Cat Tree!! Oh yeah, and don't forget the catio, too! I think that should do it.

4 comments:

  1. I don't think even my Sister Sascha would climb on that thing! Hey, y'all really do need a cat tree, really!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing this story from a cat's perspective.

    In other words, the cats have evicted you to the dog house?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha - maybe you should wrap the thing up in jute rope and let them romp on it a bit before you use it to (I'm guessing) clean up their "gifts"?

    ReplyDelete