Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Whiskers Wednesday - Casper gives Mom a Break

I guess I’ve dished on Mom a little too much lately. There was even talk about me losing some computer privileges. Now I can’t let that happen, so I’ll lay off Mom for a couple days and she’ll forget all that nonsense about taking away my computer time.

Sooo…let me tell you a few things about Angel.

Believe me, she’s no angel. Do you know that Mom hasn’t been able to put toilet paper on the paper roller thingies since Angel came to live with us, when she was just a few weeks old. If you come to our house and have to use the facilities, just remember the paper is in the cabinet right over your head. The reason? Angel goes after that stuff as if she's on a mission from God to destroy every last square of the stuff. Mom has come home and found piles of the shredded white stuff all over the house. I think it’s pretty funny, but I guess it really isn’t the ‘green’ thing to do.

Now I do have to laugh my tail off whenever Angel pulls this stunt. Every morning, before leaving for work, Mom checks to make sure she knows where each of us is, so she doesn't leave someone closed up in a closet or something. It happens. Anyway, about once every month or so, Angel will hide real good, and before you know it Mom is going all over this house, looking in everything, under every bed, everywhere. I'm talking she absolutely cannot find Angel, and she's beginning to get a little shrill, "Angel, I have to get to work. Where the heck are you? Kittykittykitty." You know when humans do that high pitched kitty kitty call where they're almost rolling there r's, even though there are no r's? They don't know it but the only reason we come at all when they do that is to get them to stop doing that. But, I digress. Angel has been known to hold out for as long as 10 minutes; that's like an hour in cat time. Then she'll sneak up behind Mom and casually rub her leg, all like, 'were you looking for me?' Oh man, I'm about to roll on the floor by this time. Mom just pets her and says, "You scared me. I'll see you tonight."

Oh yeah, another thing. One time when Mom came home from taking Angel to the cat doctor, she had her hand all wrapped up in a big white bandage and she even had to take antibiotics. Can you believe it? Angel was real scared at the vet's, and she bit Mom! I get the whole freaking out thing – have you seen how they take our temperature? Shudder. But, she bit her! Not like when I give her a warning nip because she's brushing a knot out of my fur, and it smarts. No, she punctured her hand with that fang like tooth! I thought, oh boy this is it! She’s going to be in real big trouble now. But, oh no, mom took her out of her carrier and said ‘it’s okay sweetie, you were scared, you didn’t mean to.’ Well, okay, but what about that TP shredded all over the place? You can’t say she didn’t mean to do that!

This is just the tip of the iceberg with Angel. She’s pretty ornery. Mom goes on about how sweet she is, and really she is most of the time – because she’s sweet when she’s asleep.

So it appears I wasted all those years being the nice, polite guy when I could have been getting away with all kinds of mischief. Who knew? Oh well, too late to change now, and besides, now I feel it’s my duty to mentor the wayward little girl. It’s a tough job, but, if not me, then who?

Happy rest of the week!
Purrs and hugs,
~Casper~

7 comments:

  1. Found your link from the Oklahoma Blogroll on Facebook. Very enjoyable. I hope you will take a look at mine as well. I have been terrible about consistency. I figure with 8 kids and a husband who works 2 jobs, I should be able to think of something to say everyday right? :D Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, cute! The only time mine hide is when they hear the kitty carrier door (cause they know they are going to visit the vet), or when the grandkids come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was very interesting, but, what is Angel's side of the story??? Oh, I have to ask, with 4 sisters, I have learned to ask!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have two lucky cats, that's for sure. Your understanding of them is phenomenal. You can really get into their heads and imagine what they're ruminating about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Parrot - when my grandsons are here, Angel hides, too. Casper just thinks they're here to see him.

    Brian- i'm sure Angel will have something to say about all this once she gets her computer time.

    Shaddy - Casper and Angel have such different personalities. I often wonder what makes them react to the same situations in such unique ways. They are interesting little characters for sure.

    Fin - shocking, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joan, Thanks for stopping by. I did visit your blog as well and tried to leave a comment but seemed to have a problem with it. It looks like you're a busy gal.

    I'll try again sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete