Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Whiskers Wednesday - Angel's Advice

Our mom was very tired last night, and for good reason. She did not go to bed until really late the night before. If I could count, I would be able to count on one paw the number of hours of sleep she got, and that's not good! But, boy oh boy, when she did go to sleep, she slept, and I mean big time. She even purred…real loud. Mom needs to take a lesson from us cats. We take our sleep very seriously.
Humans could learn so much other stuff from us as well, if they would just pay closer attention. First, we do everything we have to, to get our eighteen hours of sleep each day. When we get tired, we find a comfy spot, plop down and get after the snoozing. We eat when we get hungry, we drink when we are thirsty, we scratch around in the litter box when we must, and we let someone clean it up afterward. Life is so simple, really. But humans do like to carry on as though it's all so terribly complex and complicated.
The other thing you'll notice, when you start observing our superior life strategies, is that you just don't see cats going around wringing their paws, worrying about goofy things like humans do.
I started thinking that maybe worry was actually fun. Why else would humans do so much of it? So I found one itty bitty worry to work on…
Our mom always tells Casper and me that she would like to stay home with us, but someone has to go to work to keep us in the Lap of Luxury, and believe me, we like Luxury! So, now she tells us that her work for this one company is about to be over, but she has started looking for her next gig. I started to worry, what if she doesn't go to work? Does that mean the Luxury Lap will go away? And what about our dreams of a big ol' cat tree and a catio? What if she stays home all the time and we have to follow her around the house, and miss out on all that wonderful beauty sleep? Oh my.
Geez, I don't know why humans do this worry thing -- there's absolutely no fun in it! It is definitely not for me! It makes me tired. I'm going to go plop down somewhere and snooze now… Have a happy rest of the week; I know we will.
Master sleeper, Casper, is not worried about anything!

Purrs and hugs,
~~Angel~~
zzz zzz purr purr =^_^=

Note from Mom: As Angel advises--don't worry, Angel and Casper are not at risk of losing their Luxury Lap.  I wouldn't let that happen. :)

2 comments:

  1. I want to be a cat, your cat. Lots of naps sounds like a life I could cope with!

    I think you'd throw me out after a day or so. When I sleep, I purr real loud too or more accurately, I snore up a storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're sure right, humans could really learn a lot from us if they tried!

    ReplyDelete