Sunday, July 4, 2010

Weekend Walking Trail Review - Jackson Park

Jackson Park is only a mile from my house and it's a nice place to walk, but when the sun is beating down, it doesn't supply much shade. So when it's a cloudy morning, like it was earlier today, I like to walk here.
The newer portion of the trail, at the back of the park, is not very scenic. Sometimes it's the details where you find beauty and sometimes you have to look at the big picture to find the best sights. Either way I can always find something interesting if I just remember to look.


The front part of the trail is where this park really shines.



I didn't see any snakes, but believe me I remembered to look for them. All in all a very nice place for a Sunday morning walk.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your walk with us. The sights along the trail are lovely. I like that you can find something interesting in places that perhaps aren't the most scenic.

    I rode my bike this morning on the same route I've been using but I went in the opposite direction so I saw everything from a different angle. I felt as though I was going uphill more today than when I go in the other direction.

    Happy 4th, Jana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sure is a pretty place but I don't think I would like the snakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Shaddy. Changing direction of your route is a neat way to get a whole new perspective. The uphill part doesn't sound too fun though. :)
    Happy 4th to you, too!

    Hi Brian - I was certainly happy that I didn't spy any snakes!

    ReplyDelete