Monday, July 12, 2010

Hummingbird Don't Fly Away

Yesterday afternoon Angel was looking through the storm door and she started making that cat-chatter noise cats make when they see something terribly exciting, usually birds, flying bugs, something like that. If you have cats, you know what I mean. I went to see what was causing this reaction. There was a hummingbird hovering aroud the area where I usually hang their feeder. Only this summer I had been pretty lazy about tending to my bird friends so there was no sweet nectar there. Recently I started feeding the songbirds again, but my poor hummer friends were being neglected.
Once I saw him though, I hurried inside and prepared the two feeders and got them put up as quickly as I could. It wasn't long before he was feasting. 

I think all has been forgiven.

3 comments:

  1. He's so plump... My mouth is watering... is that wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that! I'm so glad the hummer patiently waited for you to fill the feeder and then went at it. Your photos are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? With all those lovely flowers just below it??

    ReplyDelete