Friday, May 21, 2010

Not so Frisky Friday

Paranoia took up residence as I sat at my desk trying to gauge whether or not I could make it through the day. I felt lousy--not ready for a hospital bed--but lousy. Would the boss think I just wanted to play hooky? Would co-workers roll their eyes and grumble that it was certainly convenient to be ill, making air quotes around the word ill, on the prettiest Friday we've had in weeks? I'm a bit Dwight Shrute-ish about taking off work. I hate to be late and I don't call in sick, unless I'm, you know, sick. Do we ever outgrow this kind of insecurity and concern about the impression others may have? For some of us, probably not. Oh well. I'm going to go have a few sips of 7-Up, eat a few saltines and go back to sleep.

~~As I was pulling out of the parking lot I spotted this cute litte squirrel perched on a tree stump, enjoying a snack. No matter how crappy I felt I didn't want to miss one of Mother Nature's photo ops.~~

No comments:

Post a Comment