Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Whiskers Wednesday - Casper on Climbing Mountains

Our Aunt Barb and Uncle John came all the way from Georgia and are visiting us for just a short bit. Yay! But, like the last few times they visited it's because of a very sad occasion, but we won't talk about that right now, because it makes my mom's eyes leak.

We love it when our aunt and uncle, Mom's sister and brother-in-law (or is it bother-in-law?) visit. Our mom and Aunt Barb don't look a whole lot alike, but their voices sound alike. So it's like having two of mom here, when we're just lounging around and not really looking at them, but just hearing them talk.

Now when Jeanie, the other sister, gets with the two of them, it sounds like three moms. You should hear them laugh--and they do a lot of that when they get together--you couldn't tell one from the other. It's laugh, laugh, laugh, snort, "oh, shoot", laugh, laugh. Sometimes they cross their legs when they laugh real hard, and that makes them laugh even harder. I sure don't get that. But, you know what I say about humans--that's right--Peculiar, with a capital P.

Mom has been boasting quite a bit lately about her walking, counting her steps and all that. I agree it's pretty impressive that she can walk and all, being that she does ALL of those steps in that awkward upright position using only two legs. But counting every step? Come on now, isn't that a tad much? (yep, Peculiar) Now she's even saying that next time she goes to see Aunt Barb and Uncle John, for a not-sad occasion, she will be ready to climb Stone Mountain again. Our mom, a mountain climber? I had visions of her scaling snow covered rocky mountainsides, having to stay in base camps fighting the snow and wind, and taking days to pick and pull her way to the top of a mountain, and that scared me.
But, then I did my research, and that so-called "mountain" out there in Georgia is just one great big hill made of granite. It's real pretty and there's lots to do around it, but believe me, I'm no longer scared about her "climbing" it. It looks more like a stroll on a hillside. I think that will be okay.

Hope you all have a happy Wednesday, and remember to cuddle your cats and hug your other loved ones real tight.

Purrs and hugs,
=^..^=  Casper

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I think that she will be fine on the hill, especially that one!

    ReplyDelete